Monday, November 30, 2009

Hello again from the ring of fire

Well we have had an exciting couple of months here on the island. I am not going to say much about the earthquake/tsunami other than I hope it was the last one I ever experience. We were lucky and others weren't as fortunate. Some villages were wiped off the map and people lost everything. It will take years for these areas to fully recover. A few photos of the aftermath in Pago Pago ...


The first floor of the DMWR office building was flooded and the surge pushed around our vehicles and boats. Luckily I wasn't at the office. The earthquake happened around 7am so I was still at home getting the girls ready for school.

There used to be a functional playground here that I liked to take the girls to.

Vehicle in wall. Nick in the foreground. Gives you an idea of the height and force of the wave.

Boat pushed up onto the dock


Boat on road

The tsunami was also hard on the local wildlife.

Vehicle in ditch. Much more but rather move on to more pleasant things

No comments:

Post a Comment